Beautiful large 1.5 Bed in South Boston! Huge private roof deck with panoramic views! Located close to T stop / cab stand and the beach!
This property features 3 total rooms, 1 full bath, 1 bedroom, and is currently available for $2,300.
For complete details click here.
Stunning brownstone on Marlborough St that was recently renovated – new custom designed bathrooms and chef’s kitchen with subzero fridge and cabinets/storage galore. PRIVATE patio right outside your back door that leads you to your PARKING SPACE! New washer/dryer in unit. Bonus office/ den area in master bedroom. Custom closets throughout. Crown molding, custom built-ins, detail and a beautiful fireplace complete this wonderful home. Prof managed building. Deeded direct access parking space included.
This property features 4 total rooms, 2 full baths, 2 bedrooms, and is currently available for $5,750.
For complete details click here.
Back Bay rental at it’s finest. Spacious and bright Furnished 2 bedroom penthouse in the heart of Back Bay with stunning private roof deck. Chef’s kitchen with Subzero fridge, double ovens, wine cooler, granite counter tops and cherry cabinets. Oversized master suite with skylight and en-suite spa like bath. High ceilings, custom moldings and hardwood floors throughout. Direct access parking space available for rent. ALL utilities included- heat, hot water, electricity and cable/internet. Prime location- walk to all of the best restaurants and shopping. Close to the Esplanade, the “T”, Back Bay and the Financial District.
This property features 6 total rooms, 2 full baths, 1 half bath, 2 bedrooms, and is currently available for $5,750.
For complete details click here.
For the past several years there has been some confusion over whether it has been a better deal to rent or buy a home. Buying has always been the best long term investment. With the changes in the market it is now clear that in almost any situation buying is the best bet.
Rents over the past few years have been on the rise and the demand for rental housing has been shrinking rental availability raising the rents and the competition for acceptable units. Rents have been increasing at about a rate of 2.5 percent a year while home prices have been dropping at about 3.1 percent a year. This makes buying a much better option.
Lately, there has been an uptick in the home buying market and in some price ranges inventory is low for prospective buyers. Because prices and mortgage rates remain at all-time lows this is a perfect time to get out of a rental and into your own home.
If you are looking for some hard numbers on your own personal financial picture the New York Times has an easy to use calculator that will help you determine how much you will save by buying a home. Click here to use the calculator.
Featured Property Slideshow
Boston Listing AlertsBoston, MA - $408,000 - Condo - Courtyard - Rooms:6 - Beds:2 - Baths:22 hours agoBoston, MA - $1,725,000 - Condo - Hi-Rise - Rooms:4 - Beds:2 - Baths:2/13 hours agoBoston, MA - $499,000 - Condo - Mid-Rise, Courtyard - Rooms:5 - Beds:2 - Baths:27 hours agoBoston, MA - $299,000 - Condo - Garden - Rooms:4 - Beds:2 - Baths:110 hours ago
Cambridge Listing AlertsCambridge, MA - $430,000 - Condo - Low-Rise - Rooms:4 - Beds:1 - Baths:212 hours agoCambridge, MA - $719,000 - Condo - Rowhouse - Rooms:6 - Beds:3 - Baths:315 hours agoCambridge, MA - $1,195,000 - Condo - Hi-Rise - Rooms:4 - Beds:2 - Baths:2Cambridge, MA - $499,000 - Condo - Hi-Rise - Rooms:3 - Beds:1 - Baths:1
Newton Listing Alerts
Brookline Listing AlertsBrookline, MA - $609,000 - Condo - Brownstone - Rooms:7 - Beds:5 - Baths:3Brookline, MA - $499,000 - Condo - Half-Duplex - Rooms:5 - Beds:2 - Baths:1Brookline, MA - $427,500 - Condo - 2/3 Family - Rooms:5 - Beds:3 - Baths:1Brookline, MA - $479,000 - Condo - Mid-Rise - Rooms:3 - Beds:1 - Baths:1
- Boston Zoning Board Approves Guidelines For Urban Farmers December 18, 2013To someone passing through the concrete and traffic on Blue Hill Avenue, the rows of lush lettuce, peppers and tomatoes tucked behind the Sportsmen's Tennis Club in Dorchester are an unlikely sight. […]
- After close vote, talks continue on life-ending prescriptions December 18, 2013Reprising the emotional debate of 2012 when voters rejected a ballot question that would have legalized the prescribing of lethal drugs to terminally ill patients, a legislative committee on Tuesday heard testimony from supporters and foes over whether lawmakers should reconsider. […]
- Roxbury gang member convicted in 2012 shooting death December 18, 2013A 24-year-old Roxbury gang member was found guilty Tuesday of first-degree murder in the shooting death last year of Anthony Depina of Boston, the Suffolk district attorney's office said. […]
- Harvard Student Accused of Making Campus Bomb Hoax to Get Out of Final Exam December 18, 2013Bomb threats that led to the evacuations of four Harvard University campus buildings this week were made by a student trying to get out of taking a final exam, federal prosecutors said Tuesday. […]
- Pamper yourself at these 5 Boston-area spas December 18, 2013Bostonians are known for being fast-paced, intense people -- but yelling your blood pressure through the roof in a case of road rage or during a sporting event is no way to go through life. […]
- Boston Zoning Board Approves Guidelines For Urban Farmers December 18, 2013
- Mass. high-tech startup hopes to change biking December 18, 2013Some fled in panic as gunshots echoed through a sprawling Reno hospital complex while others locked themselves in medical offices as dozens of police cars and SWAT teams sealed off a three-block area and heavily... Some fled in panic as gunshots echoed through a sprawling Reno hospital complex while others locked themselves in medical offices as ... (more) […]
- Wise words from an (almost) unknown guru December 18, 2013What can I tell you about Mary Parker Follett? Well, she was a woman, which meant that though she was taught by Harvard professors, the university could not give her a degree. […]
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax December 18, 2013A Harvard University student was named Tuesday in a criminal complaint alleging he was responsible for bomb threats that led school officials to delay some final exams, including his, that had been scheduled for Monday. […]
- More December 18, 2013A Massachusetts startup is launching a new device that transforms almost any bicycle into an electric-hybrid vehicle using an app on a smartphone. […]
- Harvard student charged in campus bomb hoax December 18, 2013Police arrest 20-year-old student for calling in bomb threat in bid to get out of taking a final exam, prosecutors say. […]
- Judge delays decision on murder charges for Irish nanny December 18, 2013A Middlesex Superior Court judge put off a decision today on whether to let stand first-degree murder charges against an Irish nanny accused of fatally beating a 1-year-old Cambridge girl. […]
- Harvard student accused of making campus bomb hoax December 18, 2013Prosecutors say a senior Navy criminal investigator downloaded more than 100 confidential files for an Asian defense contractor at the center of a multimillion-dollar fraud investigation. […]
- Broadway's Brian Stokes Mitchell to Play Sanders Theatre, 1/23 December 17, 2013Celebrity Series of Boston will present Broadway and film star Brian Stokes Mitchell on Thursday, January 23, 2014, at 8pm at Sanders Theatre, Memorial Hall, Harvard University, 45 Quincy Street, Cambridge. […]
- Fearful father took pen in hand on Christmas Day 1863 December 17, 2013His impulsive behavior has cost Charley dearly as he lays recovering - hopefully - from a war wound on Christmas Day 1863. […]
- Infinio wraps up $12 million in additional funding December 17, 2013Cambridge software maker Infinio said Monday it has closed a $12 million funding round, just six weeks after releasing its first product designed to help businesses maximize storage on their data networks. […]
- Mass. high-tech startup hopes to change biking December 18, 2013
- Anonymous Neighbors Send Virulent Letter Attacking Family's Faith-Based Christmas Decorations December 18, 2013Every year for the past four decades, the Hunters have erected a big Christmas display outside their home in Newton, Mass. […]
- Family receives letter blasting their Christmas decorations because 'not everybody is Christian' December 18, 2013A Massachusetts family says they have received a letter from an anonymous scrooge blasting their Christmas decorations because "not everybody in the neighborhood is Christian." […]
- IRS Names New Chairman and Members of ETAAC December 17, 2013The Internal Revenue Service announced the selection Tuesday of three new members and a chairperson of the IRS's Electronic Tax Administration Advisory Committee. […]
- Newton Man Plans Run for Governor as Independent Candidate December 17, 2013A Newton man has joined the race to succeed Deval Patrick as the next Massachusetts governor. […]
- Indoor Farmers Market, Israeli Consul Speaks, Movie Screening December 17, 20132. Ambassador Ido Aharoni, Consul General of Israel in New York will speak today at 7:30 a.m. at the Newton Marriott. […]
- Haggling moves to high-end retailers December 17, 2013This year some shoppers are quietly taking the art of bargaining up the escalator to the floors selling cashmere or over-the-knee leather boots, building on the haggling skills they acquired in the past few years getting big-box store deals on TVs and the like. […]
- Now Hiring in Newton for: Store Manager, Benefits Specialist, Travel Sales Consultant December 16, 2013Looking for a new job? Your first job? Newton Patch is here to help with a roundup of what's available in and around town. […]
- See Which Newton Chef Recently Appeared on CBS This Morning December 16, 2013Michael Leviton, the man behind Lumiere in West Newton, appeared on CBS This Morning on Saturday. […]
- 'Strange, Dying Fox' Reported on Howard Street on Saturday December 16, 2013Here are the highlights of the Northborough Police log for Friday and Saturday, courtesy of the Northborough Police Department: On Friday, at 9:31 a.m., on West Main Street, police issued a complaint for revoked registration and license, uninsured, and inspection. […]
- Patrick assesses Asia trade mission December 14, 2013Nearly done with a 10-day trade mission to Asia, Governor Deval Patrick has already presided over two deals with Massachusetts firms in Japan, and expects to lay the groundwork for more as he hits Hong Kong and Singapore. […]
- Anonymous Neighbors Send Virulent Letter Attacking Family's Faith-Based Christmas Decorations December 18, 2013